Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shout out to Dr. Seuss


Today, March 2, would have been the 105th birthday of Dr. Seuss (aka Theodor Geisel). In honor of Dr. Seuss, today at school we read The Sneeches and The Lorax. I honored Dr. Seuss by taping Cat in the Hat ears and tail to myself. One of my friends dressed up in footie PJ’s and a wig, and was “Thing No.2”. The cafeteria also served turquoise eggs and ham, the eggs of which were revolting.  Each student in my class also had to memorize a stanza from The Sneeches. Mine was:

“Good grief!” groaned the ones who had stars at the start.
“We’re still the best Sneeches and they are the worst.”

“But now, how in the world will we be able to tell,” they all frowned,
“Which one is what and the other way round?”

My favorite Dr. Seuss book is And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street. What’s yours?

SFM

1 comment:

  1. The Lorax is my favorite Dr. Suess book. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete