Saturday, March 12, 2011

Newspapers: More than just comics

Before I started 4th grade, I only read the comics in the newspaper. Now, I read the Idaho Statesman every day I can, because every week my class has to pick a news article, summarize it in our own words, and present it to the class. On January 11, 2011, I wrote this Current Event summary:

On New Year’s Day, in east Ada County, near the Blacks Creek exit, a female Anatolian shepherd mix fell out of a car and got ran over. The owners are unknown, and the dog, now named Leila, is alive and walking, broke only her legs. John Rynhart, the person who rescued Leila, quoted that “I can’t believe it fell out of a car and then got run over … and wasn’t completely on the verge of death”.

I now love to find out what is going on here and elsewhere in the world. You should read the newspaper, too!

SFM

No comments:

Post a Comment