Tuesday, February 8, 2011

iPad story books and the kids who love them.

I don't have an iPad (yet) but I'm sure that if I had one, my two-year-old would demand that her stories be digital rather than made from wood products.  Perhaps that's because she sees the rest of the family attached to the laptops and smartphones for a good chunk of the day.  To be honest, an NPR tech reviewer testing kiddy lit apps on his three-year-old makes digital story time sound compelling.  Full Story here.

I'm still sorting out how I feel about converting to an e-book.  I've been resistant.  But more and more I find my internal debate is no longer whether to give up the old-fashioned book but when I'll take the plunge and which device I'll plunge with.  I similarly resisted the inevitable conversion to digital music but my iPod is now one of the essential devices in my life (along with a good coffee maker). It's a story in progress but I think I know how it will end.

RCM

No comments:

Post a Comment