Thursday, February 3, 2011

Observations from a dentist office waiting room

While sitting in the waiting room at my kids' dentist, I perused the stack of magazines (my smartphone battery was nearly dead) attractively arrayed on the table next to my small, uncomfortable chair. My search for something interesting prompted this conclusion: my kids’ dentist hates me.  No news magazines. No sports magazines. No National Geographic or Consumer Reports.  I have no animosity toward Treasury Valley Family magazine, of which multiple copies were present. But as a general rule I avoid magazines whose covers feature cartoon dinosaurs and/or kids (if they're not my own) painting with water colors.  And while I am generally aware of a family of Kardashians who have managed to become celebrities by, well, being celebrities, it requires more than promised bikini shots on page 46 to entice me to open Us magazine (at least in public).  Bottom line: charge your smartphone before taking kids to the dentist.  Better yet, bring a good book.

RCM

No comments:

Post a Comment